Research Output per year
The central purpose of my PhD is to:
- investigate what is being learned by adult individuals during long-term (involuntary) unemployment; how, when and why learning is taking place during unemployment; and how these learning processes can be analyzed as dependent on and dialectically intertwined with the socio-political organization and cultural embeddedness of work/paid labor as well as the embodied and life-historical learning, the unconscious and emotional psychodynamics and subjective experience of the long-term unemployed.
My main areas of knowledge and research/theoretical interest:
- The philosophy/political economy/social theory of work
- Life-history and (auto-)biographical research
- Andragogy and adult's learning, experience and identity processes
- The role work in Critical Theory
- Psychodynamics of work(lessness)
- Psycho-societal theory/social psychoanalysis
- The role of work in the pedagogy of Célestine Freinet
Experience prior to PhD:
I've had three years of practical experience doing social pedagogy and developing a 'Pedagogy of Work' - exploring the emancipatory and learning potentials of diverse forms of work together with long-term unemployed adults, while trying to counter the often times alienating and marginalizing features of the employment system.
The research is done in collaboration with Center for Special Education, who carries a practical interest in developing their methodological approach to occupational rehabilitation in more emancipatory directions with a focus on enhancing the life conditions of the long-term unemployed while creating better possibilities for transformative learning processes, humanization of work and identity development.
Learning, working life and unemployment, PhD, Roskilde University
1 Aug 2018 → 1 Aug 2021
Pedagogy, philosophy of education and social psychology, Master of Arts, Roskilde University
1 Aug 2010 → 1 Aug 2016
Facial Action Coding System (FACS), Certified FACS-coder
Industrial PhD, Center for Special Education1 Aug 2018 → …
- Education, Learning, Training
Research output: Contribution to conference › Conference abstract for conference › Research › peer-review
Research output: Contribution to journal › Journal article › Research › peer-review
Arbejdet som middel, mennesket som mål - eller omvendt? En kritik af (løn)arbejdets rolle i den beskæftigelsesrettede socialpolitikMorgen, M., 11 Apr 2019, In : Tidsskrift for Arbejdsliv. 21, 1, p. 72-81 10 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Journal article › Communication
Research output: Contribution to journal › Contribution to newspaper - Feature article › Communication
Activities per year
The Annual Conference of ESREA – European Society for Research on the Education of Adults - Life History and Biography NetworkMikkel Morgen (Participant)
Activity: Participating in or organising an event › Organisation and participation in conference
Activity: Talk or presentation › Lecture and oral contribution